Saturday, July 4, 2009

If You're Ever in Boise...

Happy July 4th! Or, really, probably July 5th by the time I'm finished.

Fireworks time with the family! (Photographer Mom not pictured)

I've had quite the week here in Boise, ID: enduring another airplane ride/layover/delay to get here, spending time with my cousins, aunt and uncle, biking everywhere and more, fishing (correction: observing the boys fish), beautiful sunsets, BBQs, shopping, celebrating my aunt's birthday, boating, floating, jet skiing, and more. So far, a very successful vacation.

My cousin Ben :)

In case you're ever in the area, I thought I'd give you a few helpful hints to survive and make your stay more pleasant.

1. Geese are overly protective of the patch of grass they have claimed as their very own, and can run really, really fast after you. (Side note: they can also hiss. Who knew?)

2. If you don't own a vehicle with 4-wheel drive, I'm sorry...you won't fit in. But you can rent one at the airport for the very low cost of approximately $150/day (which to my Missouri mind seems a little ridiculous).

3. There is approximately 43 coffee shops around here. And I'm not even in Seattle yet.

4. When you fall off a jet ski going 40 miles an hour, you're going to be SORE the next day!!

5. When floating down the river, if you let me paddle, don't be surprised that we go straight into a tree. Really, it's your own fault for giving the paddle to me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment